SANA Meeting: October 24th at 6:30pm

Same bat place…same bat channel. Hope to see you all there!

Tentative Agenda:

– Motion Media –
– Govalle Pool Update – Just need to follow up with Rey.
– Erica with APD
– Urban Trails Presentation

We will be showing the meeting live on facebook if anyone wants to join us from home. If you know of anyone that would like to participate and needs a call in number. Please let us know at

Combined Neighborhood Associations Meeting: East & Northeast Austin Organizations

Please join us for our rescheduled meeting with Hog Pen NA and Springdale-Airport NA to discuss topics that affect our area. All surround NAs are welcome as we will have topics that can benefit the general area. We can achieve great things if we unite our voices.

Here is the current agenda:

1. Red Bluff Preserve (Pete/Ali)
2. Mark Walter with the Planning Zoning Department will give us an overview on:
· What a Neighborhood plans is (history, status of plans, etc.)
· Provide an overview of what is a Plan Amendment.
· Cover the Plan Amendment process
· Discuss how and when concerned residents and property owners can plug into the process
· Brief Q & A.
3. Springdale Park – Connecting the SANA and HPNA areas with City owned right of ways and Springdale Park access for both (Susan, Larry, Hunter, Duncan)
· Macus Primm with the City of Austin’s Neighborhood Partnership Program will be present to provide information on ways we can apply for to the program.
4. Equity through Connectivity (Hike and Bike and more) – Pinaki Ghosh, EMLK Contact Team

The meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 26th from 6:30 – 8:00pm at the Parque Zaragoza Recreation Center located at 608 Gonzales St. Facebook live will be available at our SANA page. If you know if anyone that needs a call-in option please let us know and we are happy to provide them with a call in number.

For additional information please contact

EMLK Hike and Bike_rev1.4

Littlefield Development: 4902 Lott Ave

Last October we drafted a letter of opposition for this development due to several factors that negatively affected our neighbors. As a Neighborhood Association, we intend to send this letter to the permit manager, Don Perryman ( We encourage everyone who would like to see a better plan proposed by MX3 to share their personal opposition (or support, if that is your opinion) for this project. You can see the full FORMAL SUBMITTAL here. Also, follow the progress at the CASE LINK (C8-2017-063757) here.

Letter of opposition LINKED HERE. You can copy and paste it into an email or print and sign.


SANA July Meeting: Tuesday, 7/25, 6:30pm

After a brief summer break, we are back!

Our agenda is currently small but we hope to bring lots of conversation and updates for future endeavors.

Agenda for Tuesday, July 25th at 6:30pm at Zaragoza Recreation Center

– Possible artist for the Govalle Pool interior mural introduction
– Govalle Park – Should we adopt-a-park as members?
– More TBD

We will once again be going live on Facebook. Feel free to join us there. Let us know if you have any items you would like us to focus on.


April Newsletter: Red Bluff Update

Our little Neighborhood Association keeps working away! Please see the attached April Newsletter where you can read about:

  • The Environmental Commission Item to Save Red Bluff
  • The Fusebox Festival Community Cafe Prototype
  • MX3 Variance Request
  • The April SANA Meeting proposed Agenda Items

You can read the whole thing HERE! 


Photo Credit: Julia Von Alexander



Help Us Save Red Bluff: March 25th, 2pm

Our President, Pete Rivera, along with the fine folks of ATX Environmental Justice, the Sierra Club, the National Parks Service and a slew of other advocates are working hard to preserve the area of Red Bluff. We would ask that you please join us this Saturday, March 25th at 2:00 pm at the Eastview Austin Community College, Room 9313 to show your support. There is a map below for exact location.

As always, thank you for you continued support and we look forward to sharing an update on this shortly!


Govalle Pool Project Donation: Let’s Plan!

We have a great news! A generous anonymous donor has given $500 to our organization for the Govalle Pool Project. They have requested that the money go toward creating a piece of art as a mural that will reflect the neighborhood. We will be working with the City of Austin project managers to make sure that this can still be incorporated into their final design.

One important thing to keep in mind is that we will need your help! We want to make sure that it will reflect the history of the the area and that it comes from the residents. Please send us ideas. Something with a permanent feel that has some heart. Such as an elementary school art project, local materials, mosaic art, etc . We are very grateful that they thought of us and we hope to make them proud. Neighbors, get your thinking caps on. Spring is here, so let those ideas bloom!


December 6th Meeting: Kingsbery Community Solar Project

We have some exciting news for our upcoming meeting. The folks behind Kingsbery Community Solar Project will be joining us to talk about what is planned for the project.

Austin Energy has an exclusive, early sign-up offer for residents in the 78721 zip code area. You can subscribe to Community Solar and meet 100% of your energy needs with solar energy supplied from the Kingsbery Community Solar Project, located northeast of Airport Blvd & Springdale Rd, without needing to install solar panels at your own home. Starting in May, subscribers will see a Community Solar Adjustment (CSA) on their bill instead of the standard Power Supply Adjustment (PSA).

As an added benefit, the first 35 Customer Assistance Program (CAP) customers in the 78721 area to sign up can receive Community Solar at a reduced rate plus receive free energy efficiency improvements! Not sure if you’re a CAP customer? Come to our meeting to find out more details. You can also email or call 512-482- 5346 to find out.

We will be posting more information on telephone/video conferencing in as well as additional materials here.

To view our entire newletter please go HERE.

August Meeting: Tuesday at Zaragoza Recreation Center

This month has FLOWN by and I have been scrambling to get into a post summer flow. We will still be meeting this week at Zaragoza Recreation Center at 6:30pm. The agenda is late so apologies for that. We have some very exciting information to share and some action items for you.


  • Presentation by Folklift Danceworks on Upcoming City Pools Project
  • Homestead Preservation – Micheal Floyd
  • By-Laws Overview and Discussion
  • MX3 and General Develeopment Issues
  • Red Bluff Update

We can have a live webcast or a call in number if you would like to join us from home. Just shoot us and email or give us a call and we will be sure to have it set up for you.

UPDATE** If you would like to join us via livestream you can find us at Either create an account through you facebook account or your email address. If you would like to call in just let me know and I can make arrangements for that as well.

As always please share any feedback you might have for us in whatever form you wish to share.

Zaragoza Rec Center


SANA Meeting: Tuesday, July 26th

It’s been a busy summer for our Executive Committee! We have been working hard trying to get our Neighborhood Association legitimate, working with the City of Austin to get Govalle pool updated, getting together with other NA’s to work on housing issues and organizing to get La Loma/Red Bluff cleaned up and turned into an official preserve.


We hope that you can join us at our next meeting on Tuesday, July 26th. This meeting will have lots of presentations from happenings around our neighborhood. We will meet at the Zaragoza Recreation Center at 6:30pm. Here is the tentative agenda:

  1. Welcome – Maria Alonso
  2. Treasurer Report – Michael Floyd
  3. Springdale General Overview – Molly Casey
  4. 183 South Presentation – Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority
  5. SANA By-Laws Draft – Maria Alonso
  6. Committee Updates

– Affordable Housing
– Neighborhood Litter Watch – AKA Trash Talk
– Traffic Committee –

There will be a link posted here so that people can join us through google hangouts. If you, or someone you know, would like to call in via telephone please let us know. We should be able to provide a call in number as well.

GOOGLE HANGOUT LINK (if there are no participants within 15 minutes of the meeting start we will close the link:

As always, if you see anything that is incorrect and/or if you would like to add something to future agenda please contact us. Click HERE or on the image below for the English/Spanish flyer your printing and distribution pleasure.  2016_7_26_sana_agenda