Like many of you. We have been taking a pause on what used to our regular schedules to care for ourselves and our community. We hope to be back soon to continue our mission of taking care of our neighborhood. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out. We hope you are staying safe and we look forward to seeing you all very soon.
We hope you can join us at the Zaragoza Recreation Center at 6:30pm on Tuesday, November 5th.
Below is the current agenda for the combined neighborhoods meeting.
Part one – 6:30 – 7:00pm SANA discussion:
- Ann Bradley of AIPP will introduce: Artist Raul Valdez, he will be asking for our Govalle Park Community to Participate in a assignment to help him , have your involvement, in what goes on two murals that he will be painting on two walls at the New Govalle Neighborhood Park Pool building.
- ThinkEast update – Richard deVarga
Part Two – 7:00 – 8:30pm will be open to all residents of District One
- There will be a discussion about our District 1 representation
- Hogpen, Rosewood & other N/A’s have been invited.
We are combining our November and December Community meeting due to the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. We hope you can join us at the Zaragoza Recreation Center at 6:30pm on Tuesday, December 11th.
Our friends from Frost Bank will be treating us to some seasonal Hot Tamales, if you wish you can bring a potluck dish.
1. Melissa Lopez-Guerra and Angelo Foadey
Consumer Residential Lending Representative’s of Frost Bank
2.) Folks from the City of Austin Neighborhood Housing. Will talk to us about their programs.
3. Alberto Mejia from Creative Action
Has relocate to Springdale General in our SANA Neighborhood
4.) Tony Lynch and Yannis Bank of Cap-Metro
Will talk to us about the new innovation district in our SANA Neighborhood
5.) Rey Hernandez of Parks & Recreation
Will give us an update on the new Govalle Park Pool.
We are back after our summer hiatus. There are a lot of items to discuss and we hope that you all can make it.
- Govalle Pool
- Art in Public Places Update
- Construction Update
- Waller Creek Conservancy
- Austin Construction Corridor – Airport Blvd.
- Upcoming Election Issues
As always, feel free to reach out if you have anything you would like us to discuss.
1. Treasurer report for SANA and Govalle Park clean-up update by Micheal Floyd
2. Randy Scott of PARD planning Dept – Red Bluff Nature Preserve
– report back from PARD regarding what they are doing (environmental survey?) and current status of land transfer
3. Hog Pen NA requests for:
– report back from City Manager on the resolution
– report back from Dist 1 and Dist 3 offices regarding what they are doing to move this forward
– Hudson Ct. completed
– sign the letter (Susan)
– sign up for next Red Bluff Tour/Clean Up
4. Hog Pen NA – sidewalks
– Susan to describe process used by HPNA for SANA to utilize for their sidewalk improvements
5. Cap Metro – bus route changes
– impact report
6. The Springdale Park access – TABLED for next joint meeting
7. 183 construction – Tracy Schell – to provide food and information regarding the 183 improvement
COMPOSTING INFORMATION TABLE
Tuesday, June 26, 2018 – 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Join the ARR Outreach Team at the joint meeting of the Hog Pen & Springdale Neighborhood Associations at their upcoming meeting, Tuesday June 26. The team will provide composting information, educational materials, answer all your composting questions, and provide free kitchen collectors and compostable bags, while supplies last.
The Eastside Memorial High School Panther Health and Wellness Team has joined with the Springdale-Airport Neighborhood Association (SANA) to adopt Govalle Park, with the aim of making it a more attractive outdoor activity spot for students and the surrounding communities.
There will be a workday on Saturday, April 14, from 9:00 to 12:00 AM. Volunteers are needed to repaint picnic tables, mulch trees, and pick up litter. Snacks provided. Come one, come all.
Also, please take a brief survey about Govalle Park.
For more information email SpringdaleAirport@gmail.com
After a winter break we are looking forward to getting our meeting going again. Our current agenda is:
Danielle Murray of A/E will be giving us our 1st. Presentation up date on the La Loma Solar Panel Project
Then 2nd Art in Public Places – Amy Scofield and Anna Bradley will be presenting on the Govalle Park pool they will be involving those SANA community members that show up.
We will have it at our regular location on Tuesday, February 27th at Parque Zaragoza Recreation Center at 6:30pm and will be streaming live through Facebook. If you have any question please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Hope you can make it!
Same bat place…same bat channel. Hope to see you all there!
– Motion Media – https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/motion-media-arts-center-community-education#/
– Govalle Pool Update – Just need to follow up with Rey.
– Erica with APD
– Urban Trails Presentation
We will be showing the meeting live on facebook if anyone wants to join us from home. If you know of anyone that would like to participate and needs a call in number. Please let us know at email@example.com
Please join us for our rescheduled meeting with Hog Pen NA and Springdale-Airport NA to discuss topics that affect our area. All surround NAs are welcome as we will have topics that can benefit the general area. We can achieve great things if we unite our voices.
Here is the current agenda:
1. Red Bluff Preserve (Pete/Ali)
2. Mark Walter with the Planning Zoning Department will give us an overview on:
· What a Neighborhood plans is (history, status of plans, etc.)
· Provide an overview of what is a Plan Amendment.
· Cover the Plan Amendment process
· Discuss how and when concerned residents and property owners can plug into the process
· Brief Q & A.
3. Springdale Park – Connecting the SANA and HPNA areas with City owned right of ways and Springdale Park access for both (Susan, Larry, Hunter, Duncan)
· Macus Primm with the City of Austin’s Neighborhood Partnership Program will be present to provide information on ways we can apply for to the program.
4. Equity through Connectivity (Hike and Bike and more) – Pinaki Ghosh, EMLK Contact Team
The meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 26th from 6:30 – 8:00pm at the Parque Zaragoza Recreation Center located at 608 Gonzales St. Facebook live will be available at our SANA page. If you know if anyone that needs a call-in option please let us know and we are happy to provide them with a call in number.
For additional information please contact SpringdaleAirport@gmail.com
Last October we drafted a letter of opposition for this development due to several factors that negatively affected our neighbors. As a Neighborhood Association, we intend to send this letter to the permit manager, Don Perryman (firstname.lastname@example.org). We encourage everyone who would like to see a better plan proposed by MX3 to share their personal opposition (or support, if that is your opinion) for this project. You can see the full FORMAL SUBMITTAL here. Also, follow the progress at the CASE LINK (C8-2017-063757) here.
Letter of opposition LINKED HERE. You can copy and paste it into an email or print and sign.